Grant Applications are still being accepted. The deadline has been extended until September 15, 2014.
The Society especially encourages teachers and students at all levels to apply, but anyone may apply whose project meets the following criteria:
- The project must concern Maryland native bryophytes, vascular plants, and/or the habitats of Maryland native plants.
- The project may also concern plants or habitats outside Maryland if:
- The applicant demonstrates that the results of the project will add to the body of knowledge about plants and habitats in Maryland
- An appreciable portion of the plant specimens or research sites come from or are located in Maryland
- The project may concern the effects of invasive non-native plants on Maryland native plants.
- Following these criteria, projects in a number of different fields and disciplines may be appropriate, for example: botany, ecology, genetics, education, environmental restoration, horticulture, and silviculture.